JavaMod is a Java player that plays .mod, .xm, .s3m, and .mp3 files and supports interpolation.
To start the player go to the folder into which you downloaded the jar. Then double-click the jar - that's it.
To manually start the player open a dosbox or shell and enter:
java -jar ./javamod.jar
or to use the command line version enter:
java -cp ./javamod.jar de.quippy.javamod.main.CommandLine MODFILE
You will recieve a help screen if no parameters are given.
The source code is under the GPL. You may distribute, make better or use in your own project, if your project also is under the GPL, so that it must not be selled. Remember that you will need the JLayer.jar for compilation of the sourcecode.
Here are some key features of "JavaMod":
· NoiseTracker Mods (*.nst)
· ProTracker-Mods (*.mod, *.wow: M.K., M!K!, FLT4, FLT8, 4CHN, 6CHN, 8CHN, CD81, OKTA, CH/CN)
· ProTracker Mods are played with the original Periods of the ProTracker 2.1A Playroutine! No XM nor IT compatible interpolating.
· FastTracker 2 MODs (*.xm)
· ScreamTracker (*stm, *s3m)
· ImpulseTracker (*.IT) WILL COME (loading is already possible)
· Original ModTable (16 Finetune-Tables)
· XM Log-Table interpolation
· XM Linear Table
· All effects are implemented (IT: the NNA effects are still missing)
· Interpolated mixing (linear, Cubic, windowed FIR)
· Noise Reduction
· 8/16/24-Bit Output: internally 24 bit is used
· some Eye-Candy
· Plus support for mp3, mp3 http streams, wav, au, aif and midi
· APPLETS: because a lot of people asked for it! Here you have a test page
· Please do not forget: if you use the applet with a playlist, you need URLs in the playlist! Local files will not work (of course) (Sample)
· Supports now pls and m3u playlist files
· Endless loops can be recognized and stopped (via fade out)
· and a lot more!
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release adds bugfixes, GUI-Edit, new features for MP3 playback, and more functions in the applet.