Jackbeat project is an audio sequencer with support for the JACK Audio Connection Kit.
Featuring a drum-machine-like interface, it is designed with real-time operation in mind: while playing, the pattern can be edited, the BPM rate modified, and new samples loaded.
The number of tracks and beats is virtually unlimited, and though it is simple, it becomes a powerful tool when connected to other JACK applications providing mastering, effects plugins, etc.
Here are some key features of "Jackbeat":
· drummachine-like interface for fast and easy editing
· realtime operation : while playing, the sequence can be edited and resized, the bpm rate modified, and new samples loaded,
· virtually unlimited number of tracks and beats
· easy to use and yet powerful : just JACK it into jack-rack and you can apply LADSPA effect plugins on a per track basis, perform mastering with jackeq , etc...
· loads and saves .jab files, Jackbeat's file format, based on xml and packed with tar,
· unique masking feature : allows to insert silences with precision into a given track.
· Jack audio connection kit
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A critical compatibility issue with Gtk 2.19 and later has been fixed.