ID3EncodingConverter is a simple ID3 tag viewer with support for conversion of different character sets.
Did you ever wonder why your favourite MP3 player doesn't show tags correctly for both your Japanese and Russian music? This is probably due to the fact that somebody encoded the music tags in ID3v1 without telling you the encoding used. Now all you can do is guess what encoding it was and convert the audio tags to ID3v2 using Unicode. This small application helps you by showing both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags together and lets you copy the converted tags to ID3v2 once you chose the correct encoding. By showing lines in red colour it will help you avoid overwriting differing entries.
Here are some key features of "ID3EncodingConverter":
· Conversion of ID3v1 to ID3v2 tags
· Simple side by side comparison of ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags
· Highlighting of differences between both versions
· Selection of encoding based on comparison of encoded versions of ID3v1 tag or encoding names
· Batch conversion of several files
· Intelligent guessing of encoding
· Automatic conversion mode
· Designed to just work
· Python Programming Language
· Qt4 Cross-Platform GUI and Framework
· KDE4 libraries including kdecore, kdeui, kio
· PyKDE4 Python bindings for KDE
· TagLib Audio Meta-Data Library
· TagPy Python bindings for TagLib
What's New in This Release:
· More functions completed, fixed some packaging issues.