Harmony Assistant is a commercial software for computer-assisted music editing and composition.
The application allows composers to efficiently and quickly create tunes that include multiple instruments, drum patterns and accompaniment.
Harmony Assistant is a cross-platform software that runs on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows platforms.
· Saving is disabled and printing is limited to one page only.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Graphic objects (effects, free objects, graphics related to a staff, background) can now be in JPG, PNG, GIF or TIFF format
· Ornaments of type "Graphics" can now be related to notes
· Ornaments (or graphics) can be related to Clef objects
· Staves in a system can be joined by a vertical line on right side
· In the management of curves related to staves, the current curve can now be deleted quickly.
· Tablature computation on multi-voices staves.
· TAB export of multi-voices staves.
· New mode for applying staff appearance settings: "to all merged staves"
· New commands in the multi-voice staff management contextual menu
· Braces, ties and slurs are now drawn and printed as actual curves.
· Slur "tension" can be adjusted in order to make them more flat and their ends hooked.
· Fine management of lyrics positioning and masking: for each bar, it's now possible to insert or mask any line by right-clicking a cell.
· Windows & Linux : mouse pointer size can be adjusted.
· A new setting in the staff appearance enables to tell whether the grace note stems are aligned on the staff center line
· Improvement in time signature and upbeat bar selection when creating a new document from a template.
· Better error management while opening files for writing.
· "Edit" menu items now follow selected object kind.
· Changing ghosts rests into rests now splits them according to beat
· Now possible to mask, on each staff, each kind of object (lyrics, text, graphics, dynamics...)
· Triplets made of notes with different slur directions are now properly grouped. This can change the appearance of previous scores.
· Better management of objects, notes an lyrics position when inserting or deleting bars, or when changing the time signature.
· New keyboard shortcuts: fast forward and rewind. This can be especially useful to those who rehearse a score using a footswitch.
· New management for the default document file name.
· The area-driven discontinuous selection now only applies to the selected parts in merged (multivoice) staves.
· MusicXML import/export: better management of ottava (8va,8vb, etc)
· Virtual Singer: management of note slurs and bend effects
· Harmony Assistant: In engraver mode, note position calculation has been sped up.
· Harmony Assistant: When forcing the number of bars per line, the automatic computation of bar width in engraver mode is deactivated.
· Harmony Assistant in page mode: improvement of document window maximize/minimize/restore management
· Linux version: Compatibility with Ubuntu 10.04 - 11.10, KUbuntu, XUbuntu, Ubuntu Studio, Mint 12, Fedora 15, Mandriva One 2011, OpenSuse 2.1, Debian 6.0.3.
· Virtual Singer : SAMPA Q in English.
· Audi sync problems could occur when the score contains both notes with negative delay and tempo changes
· Jump & target display on text staves.
· CMF export.
· Graphical objects dialog box: file import.
· Text formating while writing an email.
· Palette duplication while hide all /show all.
· Score file loading, as well as some editing operations, didn't work on very heavy staves (more than 32,000 symbols)
· Fixed appearance of curve over triplets
· Fixed ckef change problem on merged (multi-voice) staves
· Fixed vu-meter display on staff with lyrics when output is MIDI.
· Possible to deactivate the cautionary key signature display at end of line once activated
· In some cases, some objects were graphically misplaced when viewing the staff in the Karaoke window
· Multi-voice staves couldn't be properly duplicated
· Fixed digital track contextual menu.
· Fixed page setup problem when "score" object were used within a score.
· Harmony Assistant: Fixed MyrScript problems on staff merging
· Harmony Assistant: in engraver mode, display of tied notes connected by a special beam
· Macintosh, Linux: Fixed palette handling problem on multi-screens
· Windows: in some tutorials, squares appeared in text.