Guimup is a GTK interface for MPD (Music Player Daemon).
The focus is on mouse handling: playlist management is done entirely by drag-&-drop.
Here are some key features of "Guimup":
· Playback functions are directly accessible from the system tray.
· Supports album art.
· Supports audio streams (added as playlist).
· Songs can be listed in several modes: directories, artists, albums and playlists.
· Songs can be searched by title, album, artist or genre.
· Music Player Daemon
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed: DEPENDS ON libgtkmm-2.4 [2.16 or above] !
· Added: DEPENDS ON libsoup-2.4 [2.26 or above] !
Added: The player now has a R-click context menu to:
· * View and browse albumart in a viewer of your choice.
· * Open directory in a tag editor of your choice.
· * Update the database for the current directory only.
· * Open the current directory in the default file manager.
· Added: Title scroller responds to "stop" and "pause" (when scrolling).
· Added: Title scroller fades in and out (when scrolling). Cool!
· Added: Title scroller accelerates on mouse-over (when scrolling).
· Added: Comment is shown below the album title/year.
· Hacked: Volume slider scrolled-up as if it were a scroll-down and vice versa.
· Removed: The track info panel is no more (as is the button to open it).
· Removed: The repeat and random buttons (now in playlist context menu).
· Changed: Library window was rearranged and graphics are added to the buttons.
· Hacked: Long standing Gtk bug that unselects all items when drag is started.
· Added: Datatree has R-click menu to quick-select the data-mode.
· Added: 'Repeat' and 'Random' can now be found in the playlist R-click menu.
· Added: MPD 0.15 features 'Single' and 'Consume' are also in the R-click menu.
· Changed: A drag will now only drop BETWEEN target library, not ON them.
· Changed: Better auto-scroll when a drag reaches the top or bottom of the list.
· Added: Playlist now can search and quick-select library matching a string.
· Added: Playlist jumps to current song when space-bar is pressed.
· Added: "Smart select" prevents selecting multiple instances of an item.
· Added: Library now has a dialog to add streams (pls, m3u or binary).
· Changed: Saved streams are named as "Stream : the_full_url"
· Changed: Folders are sorted by modification date. (What album did I just add?)
· Changed: In album-mode, a dragged album now will add songs sorted by artist.
· Fixed: Segfault when using a saved playlist with non-existent items.
· Fixed: After deleting current song and all below it the playlist had no focus.
· Fixed: Some minor flaws in the database tree were corrected.
· Added: Middle-click om tray-icon toggles play/pause.
· Added: Scrollwheel on tray-icon controls volume.
· Changed: Tray-icon now uses a much sexier tooltip (still very basic though).
· Changed: Tray-Icon now can toggle the Player and/or the Library window.
· Changed: Tray-Icon now 'presents' the windows on the current desktop.
· Removed: Blinking of the tray-icon (who cares).
· Changed: Icons and text should now work better with dark themes.
· Changed: Default font is now "DejaVu" (was "Helvetica").
· Changed: Quite a bit of code "under the hood".
· Changed: Handling of missing tags is much improved (actually, it's ok now).
· Changed: "Custom album art" can now only be set by editing ~/.guimup.conf.
· Changed: Program will also check for "/.mpd/mpd.conf" (allowed in mpd 0.15)
· Fixed: Program could not handle files without artist && album tags.
· Fixed: When no suitable mixer is found (by MPD) the program will still run.
· Fixed: Window positions were not always saved.
· Fixed: The program could crash when MPD was not running (or was killed).
· Fixed: Command line output: "No Song" is shown once only.
· Fixed: Command line output: "Reached max playlist size" is shown once only.