Glirnath is a Web utility to browse and play audio files on a remote Unix computer dedicated to be a music jukebox. The Glirnath is not a music streamer to the local computers, but rather acts as a remote agent to play music on the server itself (hook it up to your stereo or something).
Access can be controlled by a special list of IP addresses contained on the server, so it's mostly safe, although if you want to let a whole lot of people control the music playing on your stereo, that's up to you.
Try it out and see for yourself. There's some screenshots over to the left to show you what it's all about.
· Glirnath requires use of a command-line audio player as a backend, and is designed with players such as mpg321 in mind. Other players should work, but only some have been
· tested (ogg123, mplayer).
· mpg321 can be obtained for free from http://mpg321.sourceforge.net/
· mpg123 (note the difference in number order) has been known to cause wierd problems.
· You can add support for other file formats by having an appropriate command-line player. Just add a line into options.php for each one. For example, to add support for wma files, install mplayer, and add this line to options.php (assuming this is the path to mplayer): $CONFIG['players']['wma'] = '/usr/local/bin/mplayer';
· To use file uploads, your web server must support file uploads as well as PHP allowing file uploads. In addition, itis neccessary to change various file size settings to allow audio files to be uploaded. Check:
· php.conf (if you have Apache.)
· You can disable file uploads by simply not specifying an uploads directory in the options.php file.
What's New in This Release:
· Replaced [play] with a symbol (>) button.
· Replaced [import] with a symbol (+) button.
· Added Get Information button (?).
· Clicking on a song title no longer shows the info.
· Clicking on logo now returns to the index.
· Replaced Shuffle and Loop buttons with icons.
· Added version checking to the options.php file; the Glirnath will not run with an incorrectly versioned config file.