GENPO (GENeral Purpose Organ) is a program which replicates the essential features of any pipe, theatre, or reed organ. The project reads a description of an organ (a .org XML file) and presents a suitable user interface for operating that organ.
There are a number of high quality organ "SoundFonts" freely available and the .org file maps the stop sounds to organ manuals and stops. Other facilities such and couplers and presets are available.
You may connect one or more MIDI keyboards to GENPO to provide the organ manuals, and you can even assign one to be the 'pedalboard' if so desired.
- QT >= 3.x (KDE not required)
- ALSA >= 0.9 (Linux 2.6 includes ALSA)
- MIDI interface (supported by ALSA)
- MIDI keyboard - the more the merrier
- Soundcard supporting SoundFonts - developed and tested with a SoundBlaster Live! (but see * below)
- An organ SoundFont (.SF2 file)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release includes a move from Qt3 to the Qt4 library and a significant bugfix for using more than 16 stops simultaneously.
· There are other minor improvements to the GUI layout.
· Note that colors in .org files should now be specified using SVG-compliant names.