Real-time audio spectrogram
Friture is an application designed to analyze audio input in real-time. Friture displays audio data in several widgets, such as a scope, a spectrum analyzer, or a rolling 2D spectrogram.
- Level widget:
- The level widget displays RMS power and peak power in dBFS (dB Full Scale). It is refreshed approximately every 20 ms.
- Scope widget:
- The scope widget displays audio data versus time, for chunks of approximately 20 ms. It is refreshed approximately every 20 ms.
- Spectrum widget:
- The spectrum widget displays audio data versus frequency. The refresh time is fixed by the window length of the Fourier transform. For 1024 points at a sampling rate of 44100 Hz, the refresh time is 1024/44100 = 23.2 ms. When the refresh time to too long, two successive transform windows can be made to overlap (this is not currently implemented). Additionally, the widget draws peaks for each frequency component, which are increased by the spectrum and slowly decrease as for the peaks in the level widget.
- Rolling spectrogram widget:
- The rolling spectrogram widget displays audio data versus both frequency and time, in a rolling-against-time fashion. The refresh time is limited by the window length of the Fourier transform, as for the spectrum widget, and also by the time resolution of the widget, which is fixed by the width of the widget in pixels and the total time scale to be displayed. As for the spectrum widgets, when the refresh time to too long because of the window length of the Fourier transform, two successive transform windows can be made to overlap (this is not currently implemented).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!