Flacon is a software that extracts individual tracks from one big audio file containing the entire album of music and saves them as separate FLAC files. To do this, it uses information from the appropriate CUE file.
At the moment Flacon can read WAV, FLAC, APE, WV files and convert tracks to FLAC, WAV, OGG or MP3. Besides, Flacon makes it possible to conveniently revise or specify tags both for all tracks at once or for each tag separately.
Written in Python, Flacon uses some external programs (see requires), which is why you’ve got to install these programs.
To test the program, just extract the archive and run the file flacon.py.
To install the program, execute: sudo make install.
· mac (optional, for decoding APE files)
· wavpack (optional, for decoding WV files)
· oggenc (optional, for encoding OGG files)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix. The program sometimes crashes when parsing incorrect CDDB data.
· Fix. When bulk coding, the program could not create the directories.
· Improved translations detection.