FAAD2 is an open source MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AAC decoder licensed under the GPLv2 license.
faad [options] infile.aac
-h Shows this help screen.
-i Shows info about the input file.
-a X Write MPEG-4 AAC ADTS output file.
-t Assume old ADTS format.
-o X Set output filename.
-f X Set output format. Valid values for X are:
1: Microsoft WAV format (default).
2: RAW PCM data.
-b X Set output sample format. Valid values for X are:
1: 16 bit PCM data (default).
2: 24 bit PCM data.
3: 32 bit PCM data.
4: 32 bit floating point data.
5: 64 bit floating point data.
-s X Force the samplerate to X (for RAW files).
-l X Set object type. Supported object types:
1: Main object type.
2: LC (Low Complexity) object type.
4: LTP (Long Term Prediction) object type.
23: LD (Low Delay) object type.
-d Down matrix 5.1 to 2 channels
-w Write output to stdio instead of a file.
-g Disable gapless decoding.
-q Quiet - suppresses status messages.
faad -o outfile.wav infile.aac
faad -w infile.aac > outfile.wav
faad -a outfile.aac infile.aac
Run the following commands in a terminal:
sudo make install
Here are some key features of "FAAD2":
· Reasonably fast
· LC, Main, LTP, SBR, PS support
· DRM support through DreaM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· DAB+ support
· Use public headers internally to prevent duplicate declarations
· Explicitly typedef all types as signed
· Made sure MAIN prediction can't be started after the first frame
· Lot's of compilation issues solved
· Bugfix in SBR envelope border calculation