Evad is a text-based client to the powerful MPD music server.
Ncmpc, however, is barely maintained nowadays, and I was lacking a few functions that I wanted. Therefore development of Evad started, and it incorporates many of the design ideas that ncmpc has, but with those extra features that just make life easier.
· Python 2.5 and above
python setup.py install
To launch evad after installation, simply run "evad" in a command line or program starter. No menu entries are created automatically for now.
Note that these keybindings are subject to change as development progresses!
Evad starts and displays the playlist. To add tracks, switch to browse mode (either by pressing TAB or arrow-right). Then navigate to the item (track or directory) that you wish to add, and press CTRL-space. Press TAB to go back to the playlist and find your newly added tracks. To go down or up in directories, use the left and right arrow keys.
· To play a track, hover it in the playlist window and press ENTER.
· To go to the next/previous track, use CTRL-left/CTRL-right
· To delete a track, use Delete
· To move a track, hold down CTRL and use the up/down keys
· To pause/unpause, press p
· To clear the playlist, press X
· To update the database, press U
· To seek forward/backward, use Meta-left/Meta-right. (Meta is the Alt key on many computers)
· To delete all tracks below the cursor, press K (capital)
· To search, press "/". A search prompt will appear in the bottom of the window. To quit searching, press backspace until the prompt clears
What's New in This Release:
· An internal rewrite was done.
· A better, synchronous repaint system was made.
· Seeking in tracks is now possible.
· Performance was improved.