Epos is a universal text-to-speech engine.
The text being processed by Epos is internally stored in a multi-level data structure suitable for the application of transformational rules. Every phonetic unit (or an approximation of one) is represented by a single node in the structure. The nodes are organized into layers corresponding to linguistic levels of description, such that a unit of level n can list its immediate constituents, that is units of level n-1. Every layer has a symbolic name, which is used to refer to it in the rules.
- Czech and Slovak text to speech synthesis configuration
- LPC and time domain speech synthesizers
- Prosody modelling driven by rules, prosody models and artificial neural networks
- All languange dependencies are defined in the configuration files, as opposed to the source code
- Documentation in English included in the distribution