Eisenkraut is a sound editor utilizing supercollider 3 as the synthesis engine.
· Java(tm) 1.4 runtime environment
· SuperCollider 3
For proper installation you need to be logged in with an admin account, unless you install into your home folder. This is equally true for running the uninstaller.
You need a Java 1.4 (or higher) runtime environment on your computer. You can find out which java version is installed by opening a terminal window and typing "java -version".
You need a current version of SuperCollider 3.
All files of the installation will be placed inside the folder which you choose in one of the next steps. When launching Eisenkraut, a preferences file is created in your platform's default user preference folder. When you activate waveform caching, cache files are generated in a specified folder (defaults to YourUserHomeDirectory/Eisenkraut/cache).
An uninstaller will be created for removing the application. By default, only the Eisenkraut application will be installed. However, when prompted, you can check a button to install the source code tree as well.
What's New in This Release:
· support for multi-mono files
· support for independant channel editing
· experimental sonagramme display mode
· OSC server for basic scripting functionality (e.g. from SuperCollider language). includes SwingOSC bridge for populating windows.
· updated JCollider and NetUtil with TCP support
· switchable editing mode (insert, overwrite, mix) for cut and paste operations
· sample accurate loop playback without gaps
· processes are marker-aware now
· new functions: save selection as, play selection
· many gui beautifications and improvements (pop-up panorama, blend-settings popup and history, higher contrast SPL and wave colours, control room meters, list of switchable audio-interfaces, optional internal-frames-mode ("MDI"), faster waveform display, collapsable waveform view, asynchronous waveform calculation, logarithmic waveform display)
· many internal architectural changes (simplified and less buggy lock mechanism, unified timebased package, unified application framework, improved level meter management)
· dozens of bug fixes, fixed some memory leaks
· using Eclipse 3.2 IDE now with Apache ant task
· no more jar installer, double-clickable jar application