A tool for handling the Akai EWI4000s Wind Synthesizer.
EWItool has been developed for both Linux and Windows. Zip files of executables are available for Windows users. A Debian package (i386 lenny/sid) and a Gentoo ebuild are available in the Download section. Debian package sources are also available in the "contrib/debian" SVN folder.
- Integrated access to an online EWI Patch Exchange
- More control over patches than the 'other' editors!
- Load all patches from EWI
- Real-time graphical patch editing
- Patch processing (randomise, make dry, remove noise, merge two patches, etc.)
- Patch renaming etc.
- Patch Set printing
- Persistent clipboard for saving work-in-progress
- Creation of new patch libraries
- Import ".bnk" and ".sqs" files
- Natively works with ".syx" files
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release moves to using the portable RtMidi library for all MIDI access, which runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. It should now be a small step to get EWItool running on Mac OS X.
- A useful function to export a single patch to a .syx file has been added, which should aid patch sharing and interoperability with other programs; naturally, there is a complementary new function to send a .syx file to the EWI.
- There are many code cleanups and minor enhancements.