EWItool is an open source controller for the popular Akai EWI4000s wind synthesizer. It includes a fully graphical sound (patch) editor and patch library management. From version 0.4 onwards there is access to an online patch repository for sharing patches with others. For details please see EWIPatchExchange .
EWItool has been developed for both Linux and Windows. Zip files of executables are available for Windows users. A Debian package (i386 lenny/sid) and a Gentoo ebuild are available in the Download section. Debian package sources are also available in the "contrib/debian" SVN folder.
Here are some key features of "EWItool":
· Integrated access to an online EWI Patch Exchange
· More control over patches than the 'other' editors!
· Load all patches from EWI
· Real-time graphical patch editing
· Patch processing (randomise, make dry, remove noise, merge two patches, etc.)
· Patch renaming etc.
· Patch Set printing
· Persistent clipboard for saving work-in-progress
· Creation of new patch libraries
· Import ".bnk" and ".sqs" files
· Natively works with ".syx" files
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release moves to using the portable RtMidi library for all MIDI access, which runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. It should now be a small step to get EWItool running on Mac OS X.
· A useful function to export a single patch to a .syx file has been added, which should aid patch sharing and interoperability with other programs; naturally, there is a complementary new function to send a .syx file to the EWI.
· There are many code cleanups and minor enhancements.