The Dxr2 Resource Center is Center is a community focus point for the Creative Dxr2 DVD decoder card. Creative Dxr2 drivers for Linux, and other platforms are actively being developed, as well as a multitude of other programs, drivers, documentation, etc. The Website is the home of the Creative Dxr2 drivers (dxr2-driver). Included is a script for compiling the
The Dxr2 Resource Center provides users that own a Creative Dxr2 Card with Drivers, Documentation, Plugin-Ins, and support for using there card under the Linux Operating System.Dxr2 drivers, as well as various components (dxr2install), a Dxr2 plugin for the XINE media player (xine-plugin), and differnent projects related to the Dxr2 decoder card.
· You'll need a recent linux kernel (the driver has been tested with most kernels, but getting a 2.4.x series kernel is highly recommended. To find out what kernel you have now issue a "uname -a" without the quotes)
· DVD12.UX firmware file (available from http://dxr2.sourceforge.net/downloads.html)
· A patched version of libdvdread (available at the Dxr2 Resource Center mentioned above -- http://dxr2.sourceforge.net/downloads.html).
· NOTE: The following two items are not required with the newer 2.4.x kernels, or with any of the newer 2.2.x kernels (2.2.16 and above)
· You'll need the CSS IOCTL patches (available from http://www.kernel.dk)
· You'll need the UDF filing system patches, (available form http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfennema/udf.html)