DuMP3 0.3.1 Beta
DuMP3 (derived from Duplicate MP3) is a Java program to find any duplicate or similar file.
It finds files by calculating a fingerprint based on the image, audio or text data for each file and then comparing the fingerprints. The project does not compare filenames or even ID3 tags (even though plugin classes could be written that perform these operations). Calculated fingerprints can be stored in a MySQL database so that they do not have to be calculated again.
As an extra bonus DuMP3 will mark the files that can not be read or decoded correctly as corrupt or with a signature mismatch.
DuMP3 can find files that are not exact duplicates:
· Binary files are compared by SHA1 hash (configurable to any MD hash)
· Text files that were changed by addition or deletion (2 fingerprint algorithms available)
· Pictures in different formats, sizes and/or rotations (BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG2000, PNG, PNM, RAW, TIFF)
· Audio files that were recorded at different bit rates or saved in different formats (AU, AIF, WAV, MP3, OGG)
· plugin fingerprint classes can be written for any file where inexact matching is needed (fonts, videos, etc)
· DuMP3 is subject to some Java limitations as well as some limitations in the libraries I have chosen.
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE) - tested with JRE6
What's New in This Release:
· Back and Next buttons work better
· Stop button
· marking files as "not duplicate" works now for all cases
· Cleaned up thread stop mechanisms
· new icon