DJMix 20060928 Alpha
DJMix is an API for mixing sounds like MP3's files.
· Work on Mac Os X (developping plateform) & Linux x86/PPC/AMD64, August 2005: The PPC would not be supported while Steve Job stop support it. March 2006: The MacOs X PPC version stop to compile.... Does anyone want to fix it ???? (does anyone offer offer me a PPC dev kit :)).
· Loading cbr/vbr stereo mp3 files,
· Loading raw files,
· Multi-system sound output devices: CoreAudio, SDL, Alsa
· MP3 File library support with sections & BPM support,
· Support sample rate convertion from 44100 to 192000 hz (recommanded: 48000/96000 hz),
· Support byte swapping operation on PowerPc architecture,
· Support 16 bits signed Little Endian/Big Endian sound output device,
· Support high-end 24 bits device (like M-Audio and others) if device use 32 bits sound format,
· Core audio support extended soundcard like M-Audio revolution,
· 4-voices turntable front end,
· >2 channels output (for room output & headphone management),
· Import most of GDAM song database (ascii format, not xml),
· XML database,
· Multithread support so it works better on Hyperthread or dual-core processors.
Library support :
· Polynomial sample conversion from -200% to 200%,
· Parametric number of voice mixing (default: 64),
· Parametric output mixing voice (default: 8),
· Use altivec on Mac Os (would not be supported anymore while Steve's job stop support it :( ),
· MP3 File predecoding for better management of vbr seeking (and set down latency) that's why loading a MP3 is very slow!
· GNU Gcc 3.3+, autoconf 2.59, automake 1.6.3 (works with GCC 3.4 & 4.1),
· Posix thread Library,
· QT 3.3 (multithread (mt) are not required),
· Libmad 0.96 for mp3 decoding
· ALSA 0.9 sound kernel & Library on Linux operating system. You will find SDL sound output library to help porting. However, it is not intended to be used as main output device driver.
· *or* SDL
· *or* CoreAudio
· Expat, for XML database management.
What's New in This Release:
· Added GCC 4.1 compatibility,
· Fix load crashes into a playing turntable,
· Rewrite of RawSource,
· It is now possible to start playing before the end of loading,
· Added --enable-optimise option to configure,
· Started to add Audio-CD support (should still crash in main program but works for tests programs),
· Scrollbar in beat editor are now placed correctly,