Cymbaline is a learning music player. In random mode, it will play your favorite tracks more often.
It also allows album-based navigation: you can start playing the next album, skip 2 albums ahead, go to a specific album, etc.
It has a random queue mode where you see a list of randomly chosen tracks that play consecutively. The queue is also built based on song scores.
Here are some key features of "Cymbaline":
· Automatic song-rating system.
· Album-centered navigation. (e.g. jump two albums down, jump to last album)
· Random mode plays high-rated songs more often.
· Random queue mode - a list of random tracks you can edit.
· Vi-like one-key commands.
· Keyboard shortcuts can be easily changed.
· Find track by filename.
· Build playlists on the fly based on specified score threshold.
· Random directory mode plays high-scored directories more often.
· Add directories recursively.
· Terminal color support.
· Command-line interface (no GUI).
· You can manually set song scores.
· No mouse - full keyboard control.
· New in 1.3: mouse support.
· It's possible to control player externally e.g. by creating window-manager shortcuts.
What's New in This Release:
· A crash that occurred on some rare VBR tracks was fixed.
· A bug with mouse navigation to the last track was fixed.
· A bug related to clicking in empty space was fixed.