CoverViewer is a plugin for XMMS.
It's main task is to display images : it scans the directory containing the file you are playing, and displays them in its window.
It can be a copy of the cover of the album, but why not putting some photos of penguins, so you can have a nice and relaxing slideshow while listening your favourite music...
Here are some key features of "CoverViewer":
· It creates a personalised skin using the xmms-skin, so your display still looks the way you like it.
· You have buttons (play, pause, etc...) So if you want to minimize xmms and just keep coverviewer, you have all control on the song! There is also a right-click menu to control things.
· You don't have covers, don't want to scan? No problem! Using file information (tags) to get artist and album, CoverViewer can retrieve covers for you from internet... All automatic! (function easilly configurable)
· GTK (1.2+) and GDK-PIXBUF, they should be installed if you have XMMS
· Python is optional, but if you want to use the cover-autoretrieving functions, it will help!
What's New in This Release:
· Well, once again we've broken our record of "no update for a long time". Sorry for that, I don't have as much time as I used to.
· Here is a new version of the plugin, with a few bugfixes and new features. I take no credit for it, it's all Camico's job!
· Lyrics retrieval has been fixed and improved : now 3 lyrics sources, automatical "search on" if appropriate.
· Creation of kde folder icons (png): Press "i" on desired cover (for now, needs ImageMagick's "convert")