Common Music (CM) is an object-oriented music composition environment.
Common Music produces sound by transforming a high-level representation of musical structure into a variety of control protocols for sound synthesis and display.
· CMU Common Lisp
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Enhancement: SndLib audio and S7 Scheme running on Windows! Thanks to Michael Gogins, who wrote the SCons script that compiles sndlib.a on MingW.
· Enhancement: Midi Input port is working. Use Audio>Midi In> menu to select devices, customize channel and message filtering and test input. See Midi In documentation for more information.
· Enhancement: new Csound audio target. Use Audio>Csound> menu to configure your Csound environment. See csound documentation and the Help menu's csound example for more information.
· Enhancement: added SndLib documentation.
· Enhancement: Application Icon for Grace (Mac).
· Cleaned up numerous dictionary entries including a new entry for sprout. Dictionary now validates as xhtml strict.
· System now builds on Windows/Mingw with Chicken 3.0.0. Carlos Pita reports that you can build with the latest Chicken (3.4.0) if you simply regenerate ChickenBridge.cpp. Instructions are in readme.text.
· Enhancement: Carlos Pita cleaned up the premake.lua script and added support for linking against installed systems. To link against an installed dependancy simply pass the install root as the value of the option eg '--juce /usr/local/'
· Enhancement: audio player now sports a realtime waveform view (lifted from the Juce Demo app...)
· Enhancement: new File>Load... menu item in Console and Editor works for both .scm and .sal files.
· Enhancement: new File>Load Recent> menu holds last 8 loaded files for fast loading.
· Enhancement: File>Set Init File menu item sets a lisp file to autoload at startup.
· Enhancement: added "Clear Init File" menu item for removing a lisp startup file.
· Bug fix: cut command works correctly now.
· Bug fix: removed spurious AudioFile entry from Help menu and tidied up the menu.