Cantata is a client for the music player daemon (MPD). Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, the code is now *very* different. To be true to QtMPCs origins, Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application (however, note that this is not fully tested). The interface is very configurable - most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Currently Cantata has the following views:
1. Library - sorted as Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), Album, and finally Track.
2. Albums - displays albums as icons, sorted by their title.
3. Folders - displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
5. Dynamic - dynamic playlists
6. Streams - allows saving of internet radio URLs
8. Info - if compiled with WebKit, displays artist/album information from wikipedia
9. Server Info - shows MPDs statistics. (This view is hidden by default)
10. Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices. (KDE build only)
The sidebar has a context menu, allowing you to control its style and what items are shown.
· KDE Software Compilation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 1. Dont display codec settings in copy dialog unless we are copying to a device, or from an AudioCD.
· 2. Save size of Track Organiser, Tag Editor, and ReplayGain dialogs.
· 3. Fix consistency of default button in messageboxes between Qt and KDE builds.
· 4. Unless using a dark toolbar, use same colour for toolbar menu icon as per menu icon in views.
· 5. Document how to make a release build.
· 6. When searching for artist information, if song's album artist contains artist, then use album artist. This is for tracks that have an artist such
· as "abc featuring 123", and album artist is "abc"
· 7. Improve comsume icon at larger sizes.
· 8. Fix lyrics background when we toggle from showing cover to not showing.
· 9. Replace multiple blank lines with single blank line when showing lyrics.
· 10. Fix AudioCD playback.
· 11. Remove time remaining from action dialog - its not accurate enough to be meaningful.
· 12. Fix detection of whether streams file is writable or not.