Campcaster 1.3.0 / 1.4.1 Beta
Campcaster is a free and open source automation system for radio stations.
Campcaster is the first free and open radio management software that provides live studio broadcast capabilities as well as remote automation in one integrated system.
Radio is still the most powerful method of disseminating news and educational material to disadvantaged groups and in areas with high poverty, scant technological infrastructure, and/or instability. But while radio is extremely effective, the tools available to most community stations are very limited in function. The Campcaster project addresses this by giving stations a free and open source, end-to-end solution for managing a radio station by using standard personal computers.
Campcaster is the first free and open source radio management software to provide both live studio broadcast capabilities as well as remote automation in one integrated system.
Campcaster has been designed to be modular and scalable. It can be used by both large and small stations in a number of scenarios:
· Unmanned broadcast units can be controlled remotely through the Internet
· An unlimited number of Campcaster-powered PCs in a radio station can deliver live broadcasts as well as program automation by accessing a central audio storage system
· A station's library can be digitized and made centrally accessible from both local studios as well as the web
· Reporters and show producers can file their reports and shows directly to the central archive fron the field via any web browser
Campcaster is capable of combining local audio files and remote web streams, supporting the widely used MP3 format and its open equivalent Ogg Vorbis.
As with all Campware products, multilinguality is a central feature in Campcaster: virtually everything in the user interface can be translated into any language using Unicode. Multilinguality is implemented on all levels of the user interface as well as for the metadata for audio files in the storage system. Campcaster is currently available in 9 languages, and it is very easy to localize into additional languages.
Campcaster has been designed for a Linux environment, but it was built it on top of standard, cross-platform classes. Such an architecture allows for easy porting of Campcaster to different operating systems in the future.
What's New in This Release:
· option to link files instead of copying
· RDS support
· interface improvements
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.4.1 Beta
- CC-1567: Playout no longer crashes when playing a nonexistent item
- CC-1603: Smarty error on Twitter settings page fixed
- CC-1606: Scheduler is now automatically started at boot
- CC-1670: Campcaster Studio no longer crashes on 64-bit distro