Banshee is an open source graphical software written in GTK+ and designed to provide a complete audio playback solution and an organizer of all your music files on the GNOME desktop environment.
With Banshee you can easily import, manage, and play selections from your music collection. It allows you to import CDs, sync your music collection to an iPod, play music directly from an iPod, create playlists with songs from your library, and create audio and MP3 CDs from subsets of your library.
Banshee is not only available for the GNOME/Linux platform, as it can also be installed on other operating systems or desktop environments if its dependencies are installed.
- New Features:
- This is the first release using the 3.x version of GTK+, thanks to work that has been done in Gtk# to bind this version.
- Device synchronization for Symbian:
- Banshee can now sync media to Symbian devices like Nokia N95. Please help testing this new feature so we can mention more Symbian devices in our release notes for Banshee 3!
- Add basic AppData file for inclusion in open source app stores
- Add keywords to .desktop entry for easy find in Unity & GNOME Shell (bgo#700524)
- Main UI: make Search textbox remember its size (bgo#653819)
- Lastfm: avoid unnecessary wait when submitting successful scrobbles
- DatabaseImportManager: Add .amr to import whitelist
- PlayerEngine: Add support for accurate seek
- GSettings: implement new, still unused, SchemaExtractor for GSettings
- build: use the gui-thread-check profiler module by default when debugging
- configure: better guess for the C# compiler available
- AppleDeviceSource: use progressUpdaters for all sync oper...