A powerful music composition and modular synthesis application
Beast is a powerful music composition and modular synthesis application released as free software under the GNU GPL and GNU LGPL, that runs under unix. It supports a wide range of standards in the field, such as MIDI, WAV/AIFF/MP3/OggVorbis/etc audio files and LADSPA modules.
It has excellent technical abilities like multitrack editing, unlimited undo/redo support, real-time synthesis support, 32bit audio rendering, full duplex support, multiprocessor support, precise timing down to sample granularity, on demand loading of partial wave files, on the fly decoding and full scriptability in scheme.
The plugins, synthesis core and the user interface are actively being developed and translated into a variety of languages, regularly assimilating user feedback.
· To build a recent version of BEAST, a number of packages are required, e.g. GnomeCanvas, Gtk+, Guile, Ogg/Vorbis and MAD.
· Since these requirements tend to change over time this page always lists the exact requirements.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.7.8
- Wave oscillator fixes for 96k samples (bug #612281). [stw]
- Performance improvements of the scheme shell. [stw]
- Allow Alt+MouseButton1 to drag synthesis modules.
- Merged plugin libraries, improved build times.