Audio Tag Tool is a program to manage the information fields in MP3 and Ogg Vorbis files, commonly called tags. It is available under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL).
Please send me any comments or bugs you find (email at the bottom)
Tag Tool can be used to edit tags one by one, but the most useful features are the ability to easily tag or rename hundreds of files at once, in any desired format.
The interface is arranged into two sections, with the list of available files on the left and a set of tabs on the right.
Each tab corresponds to one of the main operations Audio Tag Tool can do:
· Lets you edit the tags individually.
Tag Multiple Files
· Here you can set the tags of multiple files at once. The tag fields can be set to a fixed value, filled in automatically from the file's name, or left alone.
· Allows you to remove the tags from multiple files at once. For MP3 files it lets you choose to remove only ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags.
Move/Rename Multiple Files
· Here you can rename multiple files at once and/or organize them into directories. File names can be based on the contents of the tag.
· Generates playlists. Playlists can be sorted by file name or by any tag field.
· Gtk, version 2.4
· libglade, version 2.4
· ID3Lib for MP3 support, tested with version 3.8.3
· libvorbis and libvorbisfile for Ogg Vorbis support, tested with version 1.0
What's New in This Release:
· This is a long overdue bug-fix release (see the ChangeLog for details).
· There is also a new application icon and new translations for Polish, Swedish, Dutch and Brazilian Portuguese.