Audacity-HPI is a version of the popular Audacity Cross-Platform Sound Editor that has been specially modified so as to work with the line of high performance audio adapters manufactured by AudioScience Corporation using the native HPI driver.
It runs on the GNU/Linux operating system and is freely available.
First you must download wxWidgets from:
If you install the RPM, make sure you install the devel RPM as well, otherwise, you won't be able to compile Audacity from source.
To compile on Linux, Mac OS X, and other Unix systems, simply execute these commands:
make install # as root
To see compile-time options you can set, you can type
If you want to do any development, you might want to generate a configure cache and header dependencies:
To compile on Windows using MSVC++, please follow the instructions found in compile.txt in the "win" subdirectory.
· Audacity can import and display MIDI files, but they cannot be played or edited.
· Linux only: Recording in full duplex on some Linux systems causes mono recordings to sound slowed-down or low-pitched. To work around this problem, set Audacity to record in stereo.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a bug that caused recording to stop or display incorrectly after about 50 minutes on some Windows systems. (This was partly fixed in Audacity 1.2.2, but still didn't work on some systems.)
· The Change Pitch and Change Tempo effects have been upgraded to use a new version of the SoundTouch library by Olli Parviainen, with better speed and higher quality.
· libsndfile has been upgraded to version 1.0.11.
· Fixed a bug that caused the program to run slowly when using the Envelope tool.
· Shift-clicking on a mute or solo button now un-mutes (or un-solos) all other tracks.
· Nyquist plug-ins can now accept strings as input. Also, a "Debug" button has been added to Nyquist effect dialogs, which allows you to see all of the output produced by Nyquist, for aid in debugging.
· When the audio file referenced ("aliased") by an Audacity project is missing, Audacity will now always play silence. Before, Audacity would sometimes repeat the most recent audio that was played previously.
· VU Meters will now always reset when audio I/O has stopped.
· Fixed a major Mac-only bug that was causing Audacity to crash at seemingly random times, but especially during audio playback and recording.
· New or updated translations: Italian (it), Hungarian (hu), Ukrainian (uk), Spanish (es). Polish (pl), Simplified Chinese (zh), Norsk-Bokmal (nb), French (fr).