Lernstick Exam Environment 2014-10-10
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Lernstick Exam Environment 2014-01-24:
- Keyboard configuration via the boot menu now works as expected.
- The Linux kernel was upgraded to v3.12.
- The welcome application and the partition manager now work in all desktop environments, not just KDE.
- Some applications were backported and added (Stopmotion, Synfigstudio, and RawTherapee), and many other applications were upgraded (LibreOffice, Krita, darktable, Blender, Ardour, Dia, Wireshark, GnuCash, VirtualBox, SuperTuxKart, and more.).
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL (GNU General Public License)
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Ronny Standtke
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Linux Distributions
Based on the official Debian GNU/Linux backports
The base system combines custom and official Debian backports in order to provide up-to-date applications. It offers direct access to local storage media, and network access is restricted by default.
Distributed as a dual-arch Live DVD
The Lernstick Exam Environment operating system is distributed as a single Live DVD ISO image, supporting both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. It has been designed to be deployed on and used directly from a USB stick of 4GB or higher capacity.
From the boot menu, the student will be able to start the live system with support for a specific language, with the KDE Plasma desktop environment and with read/write support for the filesystem, as well as to check the integrity of the bootable medium (only if using a DVD media).
Features the KDE Plasma desktop environment
As mentioned, the distribution is built around the modern and eye-candy KDE Plasma graphical desktop environment, which provides users with a traditional and familiar interface in the style of the Windows 7 operating system. It comprises of a single taskbar located on the bottom edge of the screen, from where you can access the main menu, interact with running programs, launch applications, as well as to access essential system functions.
The Lernstick Exam Environment distributions comes pre-loaded with a wide range of educational software, as well as numerous KDE packages, among which we can mention the KMail e-mail client, Konqueror web browser, Dolphin file manager, Calligra office suite, Amarok audio player and K3b CD/DVD/BD burning software.
Lernstick Exam Environment was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on October 15th, 2014