Text Link is a Thunderbird extension that allows URI texts written in webpages to be loaded by double clicks.
Without this extension, when you discover an URI text not linked, like "http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/", you have to do following steps to load the page:
1. Select the URI text completely. (It may be a hard work if the page is rendered with a propotional font. This operation always chafes me.)
2. Copy it. (press "Ctrl-C" or use "Copy" from the "Edit" menu)
3. Paste it to the location bar.
4. Press "Enter". Then, Firefox loads it.
1. Select the URI text completely. (It chafes me again!)
2. Drag the selection string to the tab bar and drop it. Then, Firefox loads it.
With this extension, you can load the URI only following one step:
1. Double-click on the URI text. Then, Firefox loads it.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
- Fixed: Some odd behaviors around selection range are corrected.
- Modified: "jar" archive is no longer included.