SyncKolab is a Thunderbird extension that reads a selected Imap folder and synchronizes it with the local address book and calendar. It uses vCard/iCal/xml as format. Using shared-IMAP folders or a Kolab server (www.kolab.org) you can achieve almost fully collaboration functionality (there is an autosync option).
It is a good idea to install lightning http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/index.html in order to be able to use the full functionality (calendar and task sync) - but it works without it if you only need contact sync.
SyncKolab is compatible with a lot of other mail/calendar clients see http://www.kolab.org/about-kolab-clients.html .
Make sure that you specify a different folder for each type of sync (one for calendar one for contacts and one for tasks) - mixing types is not a good idea!
For nightly builds check out htttp://www.gargan.org/extensions/ - there is also a mideum active mailing list at http://synckolab.mozdev.org/list.html.
Calendar and Task sync are a little unstable (Also because lightning isnt yet fully stable). It should work for most entries - if you find problems please submit a bug to http://synckolab.mozdev.org/bugs.html
If you enable Leak Monitor+Lightning it may cause Thunderbird to crash.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· #25244 padding for anniversary and birthday
· #25219 stopping on parsing problems
· #25271 add mime version
· #25281 add check for missing dates
· #25292 minimum acct name
· #25289 tbird all day weirdness and moving of all-day events
· #25300 kolab3 incompability
· #25308 Fix for kolab3 date node isntead of date-time
· #25231 Fix content type for contacts in kolab3 format