Remove Duplicate Messages is an extension that allows you to find and remove duplicate messages from merged folders.
If you have duplicate messages (e.g. from merging folders or downloading messages several times) you can use this tool to find and remove them from the selected folder and its subfolder by rightclicking on a folder and choosing "Remove Duplicate Messages".
It allows you to configure what you want to compare (sender, messageid, subject, ...).
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
Here are some key features of "Remove Duplicate Messages":
· Also checks subfolders
· View found messages in main view
· Option to make manual changes to the messages to be deleted.
· Supported Languages: en-US, de-DE, de-CH, de-LI, de-LU, de-CH, it-IT, es-ES, fr-FR, nl-NL
· Easy to use and fast (1000 messages per second).
· Automatic delete (no dialog showing the duplicates)
· Prefere to keep the bigger, smaller, unread or first/last found Message.
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bugfix: Double click did not work with latest Thunderbird versions anymore. As an alternative it is now possible to use a middle click to toggle the message state between DEL and KEEP.