RealPrevNextButtons is a Thunderbird extension with real previous & next buttons for message navigation in the main window and message window.
Thunderbird's [Previous] & [Next] buttons navigate to unread message only, and some other extensions don't work in the message window toolbar.
RealPrevNext works well.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This should now work with all versions (at least after 5.0), and all operating systems. The functionality was there already, but the icons didn't work all the time.
· I replaced all the hard-coded CSS, and replaced it with a script that clones the styles for the regular previous and next buttons every time Thunderbird is loaded. That way, even if the skin changes, the buttons should always show the correct icons.