Quote Colors is an extension for Thunderbird and the mail & newsgroup client of SeaMonkey.
It allows you to assign text and background colors to different quote levels which are applied when reading or printing mail/news messages. Five quote levels can be configured with distinct colors.
You can choose between two quoting display modes: graphical quoting with colored bars around quoted paragraphs (default), and traditional plain text quoting where each quoted line starts with one or more ">" characters. In graphical quoting, the color, position and style of the bars is adjustable.
Additionally, this add-on enables you to set up some basic message display options such as text, background, link and signature colors.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· full compatibility with Thunderbird 3 and SeaMonkey 2
· quote colors and formatting repeat once after the fifth level (i.e. level 6 uses the same colors as level 1, level 7 the same as level 2 and so on...) which enables to visually distinguish up to 10 levels now
· many small internal changes and improvements