Quick Translator is a Firefox extension that allows you to translate between more than 50 languages with a hot key or click of a mouse.
Translates selected text on:
* Hot key (Ctrl + Alt + T by default)
* Floating button next to selected text (enabled by default)
* Mouse selection (disabled by default)
* Context menu option (can be disabled)
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
Here are some key features of "Quick Translator for Thunderbird":
· Supports translation in any combination of more than 50 languages
· Automatic detection of the language of translated text
· Easily configurable to your own preference
· Can be shown in any combination of a toolbar, status bar, or context menu.
· Translation by a hot key, with a mouse selection, context menu or floating button.
· Based on Google Language API
· Mozilla Thunderbird
· In some cases floating pane can go beyond screen and will not be seen (if mouse was out of browser screen when selection was finished)
· System theme could work incorrectly on some systems
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added: compatibility up to 7.0a1 for Firefox and Thunderbird and 2.4a1 for SeaMonkey
· added: quick switch between target languages
· added: ability to specify source language in addition to auto-detection
· added: preserving basic format of translated text for better readability
· added: Danish localization
· added: Brazilian localization
· added: Serbian localization
· changed: improved preferences language selection
· changed: language menu removed in favor of translation popup language selection
· changed: status bar label removed
· changed: styling and interface improvements
· changed: disabling translation of password field (security issue)
· fixed: translator popup position adjusted if popup goes beyond the edge of browser window
· fixed: bug when using multiple application windows at the same time
· fixed: compatibility with frame based web-sites
· fixed: few bugs related to Firefox 3.0 and 3.5
· fixed: many small bug fixes and improvements