PasteHyperlink is a Thunderbird extension that bypasses the "Insert new link" button from the toolbar of the compose window, by allowing you to just paste the URL into selected text.
PasteHyperlink is an open source add-on designed to work with Mozilla Thunderbird 13.0 and later.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved the "pasting" system
· fixed the http append to encoded urls
· added "Remove Hyperlink" feature
· toolbar buttons are now added by default on the first run
· fixed the localization
· added translations for de/en-GB/en-US/es-ES/fr/it/pl/ru-RU