Master Password+ is a Firefox and Thunderbird extension that:
- Locks master security device after specified time or by clicking on statusbar / toolbar button or pressing a hotkey (ALT + L)
- Prompts for master password on browser startup
- Suppresses all or duplicate master password prompt popups
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
Here are some key features of "Master Password+ for Thunderbird":
· Support for Thunderbird (at least partial, need more testing)
· Set timeout directly from "Change Master Password" window
· Toolbar and statusbar icons
· Icons in tools menu and context menu
· Icons are dynamic and represent current state of master password, such as locked/unlocked or unset
· Options to hide the icons and/or menu items
· Mouse wheel now not ignored and resets the countdown
· Timer can now be set to ignore user activity (will not reset itself if user is using browser)
· Hotkey to lock/unlock master password (ALT + L)
· Ability to enable or disable timeout
· Easy access to options or set/change master password via right click on toolbar/statusbar icons or tools menu
· Option to prompt master password on startup (work around for Bug 536140 which prompts multiple times for master password on startup).
· Option to suppress all or duplicate master password prompt popups (added in v1.2.20101212) (Note: when prompts are suppressed, they are actually being canceled. This means whatever requested master password will be notified as if user canceled the prompt, this might bring unexpected results.)
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· hidden option extensions.masterPasswordPlus.lockignorefirstkey, that controls when pressing a key on locked window: should it be passed to the MP prompt or not (controls a feature introduced in v1.20)
· in Firefox/Thunderbird 8.0+ a link at General tab in options window to open all available settings
· prompt to delete all settings when uninstalling MP+
· ignored forceprompt setting
· in some situations MP+ doesn't work in new windows
· error in console on non Vista/W7/W8 systems