Master Password Timeout+ is a Firefox/Thunderbird extension based on Master Password Timeout v0.3.1 made by Simon G.
Since I couldn't reach the author (emails bounces back) I've decided publish this version myself.
What's new compare to original:
- Support for Thunderbird (at least partial, need more testing)
- Set timeout directly from "Change Master Password" window
- Toolbar and statusbar icons
- Icons in tools menu and context menu
- Icons are dynamic and represent current state of master password, such as locked/unlocked or unset
- Options to hide the icons and/or menu items
- Mouse wheel now not ignored and resets the countdown
- Timer can now be set to ignore user activity (will not reset itself if user is using browser)
- Hotkey to lock/unlock master password
- Ability to enable or disable timeout
- Easy access to options or set/change master password via right click on toolbar/statusbar icons or tools menu
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added tooltip on toolbar/statusbar buttons that shows how long until master password will timeout.
· Rewrote timer module, now it is one timer for every window.
· If no MP is set, the timer no longer active
· Removed some unnecessary alert messages from "Change Master Password" window.
· Entering correct MP in "Remove Master Password" window and pressing cancel will not unlock the browser anymore
· Dropped support for Firefox/Thunderbird older then v3