Get Selected Mails is a Thunderbird extension which provides a toolbar button to allow to get easily new messages only for a selection of mail accounts.
It's useful if you have several mail accounts and work in different locations. Regarding the current location some mail accounts might not be reachable, e.g.: a local office mail account cannot be accessed at home.
When retrieving new messages for all accounts, TB will take time and finally fail to connect to these unreachable accounts. This results into displaying an annoying error message.
With this add-on, it's very easy to select reachable mail accounts and unselect unreachable ones when changing location.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
Here are some key features of "Get Selected Mails":
All platforms are supported. Tested versions are the following:
· Windows: XP sp3, Vista Pro sp2, Seven Pro
· Linux: Mandriva 2009, Mandriva 2010
· Mac: OS X 10.6.3
· A toolbar button is automatically added next to 'Get Mail' into main window at first run. If the button is not displayed (or has been removed), it should be available when editing and customizing toolbar.
· By default, all current mail accounts are selected. To make your selection, go to add-on settings (a context menuitem is added to toolbar button) and check or uncheck desired mail accounts.
· The add-on provides a 'debug mode' which writes information into embedded error console (see Tools > Error Console).
· Error and warning messages are also written into error console (regardless debug mode is enabled or not).
· If for any kind of reason the add-on seems not to work properly, open error console and look for messages regarding add-on which could give you information about the issue (all messages are prefixed by add-on name).
· If the issue is reproducible and you think it's a add-on bug, please enable debug mode, and proceed again, then contact us and report us relevant and maximum information regarding the issue.
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new option allows to send all waiting outgoing messages before getting new ones.
· Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v21.* to v22.0.