Empty 'em is a simple Thunderbird add-on that empties Junk and Trash folders from all configured servers. The extension provides a menu item (Tools -> Empty Junk & Trash), a folder pane context menu item, and a toolbar button to do so.
Add-on preferences allow you to include/exclude Junk, Trash, none or both folders in emptying process. You can also choose to override delete confirmation for each folders.
To enable debugging, you can enable verbose console messages via preferences.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed toolbarbutton class so that the toolbar button behaves like other toolbar buttons in label placement in all Icons / Icons and text / Text / Icons beside text configurations
· Changed button and menu item text to "Empty 'em" to keep it short
· Added option to compact folders after emptying them