Email Security Plus 2.0
An Email Security add-on for Mozilla Thunderbird. Simple, fast and effective.
Email Security Plus is a Thunderbird extension that lets you to take back control over your inbox, providing to Mozilla Thunderbird a set of additional tools for the email security.
As you probably know, Mozilla Thunderbird uses a bayesian filter as Spam filtering software. This is one of the latest and more efficient content filtering approach that recognizes Spam by looking at the percentage ratio of individual words inside both the legitimate and junk emails. It is impressively effective, but it needs to be “trained” — it needs that some emails are flag as Junk before starts to work properly.
Email Security Plus provides two rule-based filters that train the bayesian filter of Mozilla Thunderbird, by marking automatically the junk emails.
These two different filters control respectively emails coming from unknown senders (looking for: Spam, Scam, Phishing, …) and from senders that are in your Address Book (looking for Hoax emails).
NB: Email Security Plus does NOT detect all the Spam. It is not perfect and, probably, it will never be.
In addition Email Security Plus also provides a Blacklist.
All the incoming emails from blocked senders — senders that are in the Blacklist — are automatically moved into the Trash folder. Users can add the senders’s email address or domain to the Blacklist in one-click.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
- Automatically scans incoming emails and, eventually, delete emails marked as junk.
- Three different values of AntiSpam aggressiveness.
- Email Security Plus activity in the Activity Manager window.
- On-demand scan.
Email Security Plus
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- From the version 2.0, the user can define its own Spam keywords. Moreover, the Whitelist is introduced and the overall control of the tools of Email Security Plus has been simplified.