Have you ever copy & pasted something into your Email program or Office and been annoyed that the text formatting (bold, font size, etc) came with it? Don't you wish you could just copy the text itself, without having to copy it, paste it into notepad, then copy it again? Copy As Plain Text is a Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey extension that gives you an option to copy text without the formatting. And unlike the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+V), you can even customize how it will copy & paste.
Trim space around textRemove extra spacesRemove extra empty linesMake as default COPY actionThe built-in keyboard shortcut "T" will function after the Right-click
menu has been opened (as long as no sub-menus are opened as well).
Reported to work with AutoCopy
as well. (Thanks goes to bennythejet & M22 Management)
.How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".Product's homepage
· Mozilla Thunderbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Version support for SeaMonkey up to 2.17a1
· Version support for Firefox, Thunderbird, Mobile up to 20.0a1
· Updated internal link to plugin website.
· Added locale: cs
· Added locale: es
· Added locale: jp
· Added locale: nl
· Added locale: pl
· Added locale: pt