The new Add-ons Manager in Thunderbird 5 has very non-native styling on some system themes. Classicish Add-on Manager is a Thunderbird extension that fixes this by restyling it to resemble the manager in previous versions of Thunderbird.
- Buttons and other elements take their colors and appearance from your system's settings.
- The Add-ons Manager opens in its own window.
- The status line (that shows e.g. "will be enabled after you restart Thunderbird" and "is incompatible with this version of Thunderbird") is moved to the bottom of the extension entry. The incompatible warning is hidden if you have extensions.checkCompatibility set to false.
- The Discover pane is hidden, since you probably don't need help discovering add-ons if you're reading this.
- The "Remove" button is hidden, and the "Disable" button is hidden for window widths under 800px. You can still access these from the context menu, or the details page.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
· Mozilla Thunderbird
· When open in a window, links open into a new browser window rather than an existing one, or don't open at all in Thunderbird. If this is a problem, you can work around it by opening the Add-ons Manager into a tab.
· The UI for preferences is unavailable before Firefox 7 or Thunderbird 7 due to a lack of platform support. If you wish to disable AMO integration or load into a tab, you will have to set the relevant preferences (extensions.getAddons.cache.enabled and extensions.ClassicishAddonManager.loadInTab) manually.
· Very little testing has occured on GNOME or Aero. None whatsoever has occured on Mac OS X or any of XP's themes.
· Download statusbars and the sort and filter buttons on the search results page have not been fixed.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add Escape key keyboard shortcut for closing the Add-ons Manager.