Attachment Extractor allows you to extract all attachments from selected messages and then delete, detach or mark-read them.
· Thunderbird: 1.5b – 2.0b2
What's New in This Release:
· improvement: if the internal detaching is used then attachments can be 'detached' (deleted but a link left to the detached file) rather than just 'deleted'.
· improvement: upgraded the exclude/include settings that previously just checked file extensions to now test for whole filename string. Use the fairly straightforward windows *.* notation.
· improvement: rewrote quite a lot of the filename generating code. Technical explanation: rewrote the code in an iterative rather than recursive style. As much as I liked the mathematically correct concise recursive functions, this is the real world and some people have reported errors where Thunderbird is complaining about too much recursion.
· improvement: added a 'clean' subject example in settings dialog.
· bug-fix: fixed a potential (but unreported) but when extract to default is used without setting the default folder first.
· change: reduced default next message and next attachment delay times because there is more control over the processes now so I don't need so much tolerance. Speeded it up basically.
· change: reorganised the settings dialog into 3 different panes rather than 2. This is to move the (now) more advanced filename filtering options into advanced and to give filename patterns its own pane.
· contribution: ejo rewrote the settings dialog xul. This hasn't been used 'as is' due to a bug with tabbed panes but I have adopted parts of his contribution.