MinimizeToTray Plus is a Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey and Sunbird extension that makes it possible to minimize Mozilla based applications to the system tray.
There is a range of uses for this. Such as making the application appear to load faster. Allowing Thunderbird to check email in the background, or Sunbird to display alerts....
For more information please see either the extensions home page http://codefisher.org/minimizetotray/ or the Documentation http://codefisher.org/minimizetotray/docs/
For help and support please use the forum http://codefisher.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=3 Do not post bugs or problems here, I don't get notified of them so I might not see them in a timely fashion.
Please note, installing this extension may disable similar extensions, such as the original MinimizeToTray, that could cause conflicts.
Here are some key features of "MinimizeToTray Plus":
· Ability to minimize and application using a menu item, toolbar button, or keyboard short cut.
· A tray menu for interacting with the application while minimize (eg.for Thunerbird open compose message).
· A command line flag -turbo for starting the application so that only the tray icon is visible.
· An options window for customizing how the extension behaves, options include.
· Always minimize to the tray instead of to the taskbar
· Require a double click to restore from the tray
· Minimize to the tray on close
· Always show tray icon
· Restore window instead of opening new
· Only ever show one tray icon
· Load application at system startup
· Mozilla Sunbird
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Reworded some of the extensions options to make them clearer, thanks Sonickydon
· Sunbird's turbo mode has some problems that should now be fixed.
· The start with system option has been improved on Linux. The application should no longer need to be on the system path.
· A problem with the menu tray not showing the first time the window was minimized is fixed. A lot of thanks to DaKo for his detailed reports.
· Some of the menu items reorganised.
· Clicking the tray icon will restore Thunerbird if it is minimized to the taskbar.
· 32bit Linux is now supported (before only 64bit builds where working). There are still a few quirks and glitchs with the icons menu.
· New locales: Italian, Sinhala (Sri Lanka), Serbian (Serbia), Estonian (Estonia), Vietnamese (Vietnam) thanks to Squall77it - eXtenZilla, H.M.D.M.P Handapangoda (hmdmph), DakSrbija, Maidur (mdr.ksk), Nguyễn Hoàng Long (longnh) and the rest of the BabelZilla team that worked on updating there locales.
· The New Window menu item in Firefox's Turbo/Quick Launch icon has been fixed for the odd case where it was causing the wrong pages to load at startup.