Scriptify is a Firefox and SeaMonkey extension that allows you to easily create and manage restartless add-ons made from Scriptish and Greasemonkey userscripts. Once you've created an add-on, Scriptify makes it easy for you to manage it, and can automatically update it to maintain compatibility with Firefox rolling releases.
Add-ons created by Scriptify are small and efficient, and unlike Greasemonkey add-ons, are loaded from the compile cache in recent Firefox releases.
In addition to the standard Greasemonkey API, Scriptified scripts have the following added API functions:
- GM_loadScript to load additional scripts.
- GM_makeDOM to create DOM trees from E4X XML literals.
- GM_finish to prematurely stop the script from loading, as the return statement is not allowed at the top level.
- GM_reportError to log errors and stack traces to the Error Console.
- GM_debug to log messages to the Error Console only when debugging preferences are set.
- GM_setClipboard, per Scriptish, to write text to the clipboard.
- GM_ready to execute code when the page is ready, for scripts which are injected early in the load sequence.
- GM_xmlhttpRequest responses have additional responseXML and responseJSON properties.
No restart required!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support newer Firefoxen.