QuoteCollapse is a Thunderbird and SeaMonkey extension which automatically collapses all quotes, and expands them again on a click.
If you have ever been bothered by excessive quotes in e-mails or newsgroup posts (especially in mailing list mirrors), this is the extension for you. It automatically collapses all quotes, and expands them again on a click.
Hold down SHIFT while clicking, and all quotes contained in the current one will be collapsed/expanded. Hold down CTRL, and all quotes of the same nesting level will be toggled. Hold down CTRL and SHIFT, and all quotes will be toggled.
Here are some key features of "QuoteCollapse for SeaMonkey":
· QuoteCollapse works with plain text mails in the standard configuration.
· It works with HTML mails if you view the message body as original HTML or simple HTML.
· It does not work with HTML mails if you view them as plain text, because this explicitely turns off all styling.
· It does not work with plain text mails if you switch off graphical quotes and block quotes using hidden preferences (see, e.g., Holger Metzger's FAQ), because this turns off the necessary style elements as well (you can switch off graphical quotes, just don't switch off block quotes).
· It intentionally does not influence the text in the composer; otherwise changed styles would be included in the HTML which gets sent out.
· It coexists happily with other extensions changing the style, such as QuoteColors.
· It can be customised through CSS, see Customising.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a reupload of 0.8 which is SeaMonkey enabled.