AVIM (Advanced Vietnamese Input Method) is a fast input method editor for Vietnamese that lets you type so naturally you won’t even notice it. It comes with all the functionality you expect from a modern IME, such as:
• Support for the four major input methods: Telex, VNI, VIQR, and VIQR*
• Automatic diacritic corrections and rule-based spell checking
• Sensible keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl+Alt+V) for configuring AVIM as you type
• Full support for Web applications like Gmail and Office Web Apps
• A compact Add-on Bar button, optional toolbar buttons, and a preference window
• A script monitor that automatically turns off in-page IMEs to prevent collisions (also available separately)
• Compatibility with every webpage you visit and every window you open
• In-place editing that keeps textboxes from jumping around as you type – even when you undo or redo
• New in the beta version: Support for Google Docs text documents.
In short, AVIM just works.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Restored support for Firefox 2 after over two years. (Welcome back, Windows 98 users!) Older versions of other Mozilla-based applications are now supported too.
· Added support for Firefox 4.
· Renamed the “Auto” input method to “Mixed”.
· Overhauled the preferences dialog. The reorganized and rewritten dialog is easier to understand and much more reliable. It also includes script monitor options that before were only accessible through about:config.
· Added a Dutch localization by John Willemse.
· Removed the French and Chinese localizations, which have not been maintained. If you are interested in bringing these localizations back, please contact Minh.
· Improved the security of the script monitor and Silverlight support.
· Added support for the HTML5 search box, URL, and e-mail address controls.
· Shift+Backspace (⇧⌫ on the Mac) now removes a diacritical mark from the preceding word like GoTiengVietFx does.
· Added support for multiline selection in Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit.
· Added support for Ace, the successor to Bespin.
· Added support for 280 Slides.
· Moved the Mudim compatibility warning from AVIM’s preferences dialog to the main Add-ons window. (The compatibility warning is not available in Firefox 4.)
· Added a help button to the preferences dialog that opens AVIM help documentation in a new window.
· The script monitor can now disable Google Virtual Keyboard in webpages.
· Added a button to Fennec’s right toolbar for enabling and disabling AVIM.
· Fixed the input method menu in the options panel in Fennec.
· Added an option to recognize password boxes to the options panel in Fennec.
· Fixed a regression in SeaMonkey where icons would not appear for the toolbar buttons except in the Customize dialog.