Vulture is an HTTP reverse proxy. It does many security checks (authentication, rewriting, filtering) before proxying request from Internet to your web applications. With authentication enabled, vulture will open flows only to authenticated users.
VultureNG also allows to your users to use only one password to access many different applications by learning and forwarding their different accounts.
Here are some key features of "VultureNG":
· Authentication (SSL, LDAP/AD, SQL, Radius)
· Authentication forwarding (SSO)
· Headers modification on the fly
· Flow encryption
· Content filtering
· URL Rewriting
· Load balancing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Several bugfixes and minor feature enhancements.
· Login page customization has been improved via a "/static" directory.
· Graceful reloading of Apache when needed has been added.
· Sessions are now stored in memcached for easier installation and administration.