NiX Linux ProxyChecker 1.7.2
Linux HTTP(S), Socks 4,4a,5 Proxy Checker
- Extremely fast - Reliable results
- Thoroughly tested proxies
- Fully multi-threaded
- Country detection
- Supported proxies: HTTP(S) CONNECT, Socks 4, Socks 4a, Socks 5
- Protocol Auto-detection
- Proxy delay information
- Filters based on IP Subnet Mask, Port and RDNS
- Advanced logic and settings
What is Proxy Server & What is SOCKS Proxy Server
A proxy server is a server that retrieves Web pages for you, providing only its own identity to the sites it visits. Requesting data comes first to the proxy, and through the requested proxy, the data is transmitted to you.
Anonymous proxy server hide your IP address and hide information about you and your interests. Besides that, anonymous proxy server can help in the cases when, for example, the owners of the Internet resource force some limitation on users from certain countries, cities, geographic regions or even restrictions on some IP address ranges.
SOCKS is a protocol for handling traffic through a proxy server. It can be used with virtually any TCP/UDP application, including Web browsers and FTP clients. It provides a simple firewall because it checks incoming and outgoing packets and hides the IP addresses of client applications. Using Socks proxy is a good solution for internet anonymity and security.
There are two types of Socks proxy protocols: Socks 4 and Socks 5. Socks 4 proxy will allow working with TCP protocols only, like HTTP (web browsing via IE, Opera, Firefox, Safari), NNTP newsgroup access, IRC. Socks 5 proxy is more advanced, allowing to anonymize UDP protocols as well (ICQ for example) Many popular applications support SOCKS proxies: Firefox, Google Chrome, Thunderbird, Safari.
SOCKS proxies can be tunneled easily with a tool such as Proxychains(Linux) and Proxifier(Windows).
NiX Linux ProxyChecker
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release was upgraded with the NiX Proxy Checker PRO engine, which contains various internal fixes, optimizations, and bug fixes.
- The new included SG loaders fix segfaults when using PHP 5.3.x.
- Built-in, up-to-date proxy country detection was added.
- This is the last update to the free version, which is now considered stable.