Namistai project is a piece of software that connects an HTTP-client (browser/user-agent) to Windows file shares.
When to use Namistai?
· you want to give access to files but don't need all the functionality of windows shares.
· you have a slow link somewhere in your network connection.
· you don't have root access (but you have permission from your sysadmin
· you don't want to run a webserver.
· for some reason, your environment can't read SMB or CIFS.
When is Namistai NOT needed?
· you have a fast network connection.
· all your computers are in the same network (you have smb mounts and standard windows sharing for that).
· you don't have perl.
· Perl 5.8.0
What's New in This Release:
· A bug has been fixed in which connection-reset-by-peer occurred when handling multiple (Keep-Alive connection) requests with HEAD.
· General HEAD/Keep-Alive handling has been improved.