GADMIN-SQUID is an easy to use GTK+ frontend for the Squid proxy server.
It includes most options found in squid and advanced ACL-building. Delay pools and logformats are discarded for now but are planned.
· GTK+ version 2.10.x
· Squid >= 2.6
This package cant be installed without giving the correct configure options.
For any GNU/Linux system following the FHS the proper options could be:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --sbindir=/usr/sbin
(See the Autoinstall file for more options and src/system_defines.c if you are porting)
After the configure stage has completed with no errors its time to compile the source:
The final stage, installing the program and its datafiles:
Currently gadminsquid has support for the following systems to a varying degree:
· Darwin Mac OSX
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added activation status colors.
· Uses CIDR masks instead of deprecated ACL
· netmasks. Merges 7 patches and a new specfile
· from S.A. Hartsuiker. Does not add duplicate
· ACL names to the second ACL permission names
· combo. Note: This version does not currently
· work on Ubuntu Karmic because
· squid >=3 is required.